Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm so over Gas - Golf Cart Wanted

How is it that the gas station in my plaza, which by the way always seemed to be the least painful to patronize, has gone up in price from $3.79 to $4.19 in a matter of 2 weeks. Have I truly been living in a cave? Commuting a one way distance of 2.6 miles, have I been so oblivious to the outrageous, seemingly raping price of a gallon of fuel? Working 80 hrs/week...we don't get out much. Driving consists of the daily round trip commute of 5.2 miles and the occasional bakery delivery. The tank of gas in my "Gas A-Holic" SUV would typically last me 2 weeks or more. Well now that it is $90 to fill, I find myself sounding like a self righteous liberal...ranting about the price of gas.
So as of this moment, I am officially over gas. We are actively seeking a golf cart as our major form of transportation. Kelly has already laughed out loud about our quest and desire to be done with gas. I think it can be done though...